January 9, 2008

It's late, but hey, better than never, right?

Well, it just turned to the 9th of January now,
And I've finally given some thought to my New Year's resolution.
I think, this year, I'm going to make this one a fuller year than the last.
I want to make more of every day.
I want to appreciate the finer things in life,
and the simple ones, too.
I want to watch a sunset or two,
read a bit more,
write a bit more,
think a bit more,
but most of all, just live a bit more.
I want to push the boundaries of my brain a bit further.
Explore the dark nether-regions that are as yet undiscovered up there.

Maybe that means I should use a few more words. Maybe I should start expressing myself in more complicated, more grandois ways that more fully and deeply express what the firing neurons in my head are trying to formulate on my paper, in my thoughts, and in my words.

Or maybe
more
brevity
is
better.

Maybe that means a more lyrical style,
Maybe I should give that a trial,
Sure my rhymes are usually vile,
But I'd probably get better after a while.

More description might be nice as well. Painting a vivid picture for one's small, undedicated readership can lead to great, sweeping satisfaction akin to that of a...man, I'm not very good at this either.

But that's OK.

Exploring, sometimes, means realizing what you aren't good at,
and refusing to let it stop you from trying.
Never never never stop trying.
Never never never stop exploring.

No comments:

Add to Technorati Favorites