January 27, 2008

So, uh, what are you up to Friday?

I rarely sweat the small stuff.
I'd rather have fun.
I'd rather fly by the seat of my pants,
because life always seemed to be more fun
when I couldn't see past the weekend.

I like not seeing what's next.
I like not caring what's next.
It gives me a certain power over the world,
or at least I think it does.
It's my way of saying
"You may be able to flip me
and dip me
and turn me around,
but you can't lick me, world,
because I'll just stride a little different,
and glide on by whatever you can give me."

But lately, it seems I don't want to fly as much.
I want to plan.
I want to see around the next corner.
For once, I want to look before I leap.

Maybe I'm growing up.
Or maybe I know that what I do now,
in these next few years, will guide my life
forever.

Forever. Wow.
That's a long way past the weekend.

No comments:

Add to Technorati Favorites