July 14, 2008

Rejoice! Rejoice! Maximum Lazy now possible!

If there's one thing I know, it's this: NetFlix NetRox. I really didn't think there could ever be a better man-made creation than a monthly-fee-based mail-order movie rental service.

Then I saw the Roku box that streamed said movies right to my TV. "Touche, NetFlix," I said. "Well played." I was indeed thoroughly overjoyed by this new creation, and thought it to be the pinnacle of human innovation. In fact, once I had the money to flush down the shitter on unnecessary crap, I was to own one.

But, sadly, now Roku will never get their hands on my hard-earned dough. Why, you ask?

Lo and behold -- NetFlix on XBOX 360. Coming this fall to a living room near you. I can't believe I'm saying this, but blessed be Microsoft and the most heavenly game console/media server she has bestowed upon us.

Amen.

Need proof that the miracle is actually happening? Check the pic. It's the new XBOX 360 Dashboard (again, coming this fall) with a NetFlix queue on it. Thanks, Engadget.

No comments:

Add to Technorati Favorites