April 15, 2008

Making the most of it.

There are lots of days I feel like this:



No, I didn't go to school for a lot of years to learn to play the piano. But what I did do was go to school for a lot of years to learn to write. I wrote story after story, poem after poem, essay after essay and ad after ad.

And then I graduated to write about dog food.

Sure, I know it's more complicated than that. I know I'm driving business and influencing people's purchase decisions and helping, in a small way, a big business get even bigger. At least that's what I tell myself when I need to feel better about it.

But my reasons, valid though they may be, just don't do it for me these days. I don't care about dog food for fat dogs or young dogs or dogs with sensitive stomachs or really fat dogs or dogs with itchy skin or dogs who puke a lot. I don't care about fucking dog food.

So what do I care about? Well, it seems I've lost track of that, too. If I looked at my current ways, I'd probably say drinking too much and watching a lot of TV. If I'm talking ideals, I'd say sports and walks in the park and movies and books and music and good food and great company.

Funny, now that I see it all there on the screen, it seems not impossible to fit it all in. In fact, it seems like with a little work, doing it all would be pretty easy.

Maybe I should get going on that.

No comments:

Add to Technorati Favorites