April 27, 2008

I don't love the whole world

Recently, a friend and co-worker of mine posted this video on her blog:



I like it. In fact, I almost love it. There's just one problem: I don't love the whole world. In fact, I very much dislike a good bit of it.

For example:
I don't love racism
I don't love global warming
I don't love "supporting the troops" by keeping them in a hot, vast desert full of people trying to murder them.
I don't love those who mistake a sale piece for artistic expression
I don't love self-importance
I don't love free agency

And besides these, I don't love a lot of other things. Let's face it, folks, there's a lot that's easy to not love in the world we live in.

But, thank God, there are a few things on this big blue ball that I do love.

I love sunny spring days.
I love rainy spring days.
I love hellos and smiles given away to unknown passers-by.
I love good fights between loving friends.
I love Sunday afternoon baseball.
I love love.
I really love love.
I really, really, really love loving, love-filled lovederful love.
Don't you?

No comments:

Add to Technorati Favorites