April 18, 2008

Fuck the Man

I've noticed lately that a lot of my most creative, motivated days come on Sundays. I'm starting to think that that's just because I've been away from work for a couple of days.

I work on a variety of things, you see, and I'm starting to think that those dog food, bank and cell phone promotions are starting to suck my creative energy to the point that I don't have any left when I get home. Sure, I get paid for my work, but is it worth it? I don't know yet. I've not been doing this a long time, and I realize that my job affords me stability that many creative professions don't. I also know that my job affords me a great many limitations that other creative professions don't.

So what's better? Money and stability or freedom and expression? I'm not sure yet, but you can be sure I'll let you know when (or if) I figure it out.

No comments:

Add to Technorati Favorites