March 9, 2008

Progress.

Well, my thoughts are still all intertwined and knotted up, but slowly and surely I'm making progress to straighten them out.

A good friend and (I think) regular reader of this blog told me to do one analog thing everyday. That's helped. I'm starting to rediscover the joy of being without the information and boxed entertainment that surrounds me. Today, I just sat with the one I love and talked and talked and talked in a room with the TV and the radio and the computer off. It was fun. It made me realize that maybe always devouring knowledge and information and words and pictures and canned stories isn't such a good thing. Maybe sometimes it's better to really try to wrap your head around what you've already got instead.

I'd type more, but I'm off to think for awhile -- with the lid of this laptop closed. Lately, I seem to do it better that way.

No comments:

Add to Technorati Favorites