February 6, 2008

Today it begins.

I was raised Catholic, and now (mostly out of habit) I'm feeling compelled to make my yearly Lenten season sacrifice. This year, it won't be a religious experience as much as it will be a challenge within myself. This year I'm really giving up something that is a (maybe too) big part of my life.

I'm giving up alcohol completely and totally for the next 40 days.

This place may act as a journal of sorts -- helping me document the changes that will have to occur in my life without the bottle.

I think that's it for now. Stay tuned, kids. It should be a wild and (hopefully) interesting ride.

3 comments:

Panda said...

This has GOT to be a joke!

Tug McTighe said...

Over/Under: 8 days

Chris Ralston said...

2 days is my prediction.

After just joining the Mug Club, no way are you going to watch that beloved beveled vessel gather dust.

Add to Technorati Favorites