November 27, 2007

It's never too late to give a little thanks

After a four-day trip to the motherland (also known as Columbus, Ohio), I've decided that I have a lot of things to be thankful for. Here are a few of them.

I'm thankful for old ladies who love to give me hugs.
I'm thankful for uncles who love to give me shit.
I'm thankful for little cousins who idolize me.
I'm thankful for all the relatives who don't care when you drink more than your share,
And who don't care when you see them after they have.
I'm thankful for two-turkey dinners for a house full of family.
I'm thankful for White Castle dinners for just me and my girl.
I'm thankful for Missouri football,
And fantasy football
But most of all backyard two-hand touch football.
I'm thankful for all the experiences I have every time I visit the motherland
And all those that go through them with me.

No comments:

Add to Technorati Favorites